<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1863970661825280621?origin\x3dhttp://niiixreplay.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
profile


o1. The name is Moni
o2. finalfantasyx.tumblr.com / equidistant-parallax.tumblr.com
o3. Currently 21
o4. Loves God, band, basketball, singing, dancing, writing
o5. Hates stuff
o6. I ♥ NCSU PowerSound =)
o7. Link me!


Navigation
HOME
PORTFOLIO
AFFILATES
STARLITXDREAMS
DORKISTIC DESIGN

Previously

Credits


DATE:Friday, October 17, 2014 TIME:{1:04 AM} COMMENTS:
Comments: Post a Comment

I understand when you say that it's not for you. It's for me. It's for me to have a comfortable life, for me to make a living. That you're paying for my education so in the future, I can easily pay off debt and get a decent job and a nice, polished income. That this is all for me. There will never be a day where I will not be grateful for all that you do and have ever done.

When I finally said that I was applying to UNC School of Business "because my parents want me to," you snap at me.

You don't constitute as wrong. But am I wrong? I don't even want to study business. I never did. That wasn't me. Studying business, law, engineering, finances...that's not me.

There is absolutely not one single heart in any of those subjects. None. It's all money and lies and masks. I work in retail. I know. 90% of the things that come out of your mouth are lies. Everything is cold and calculated and precise and competitive and stingy. There is no warmth. None. Everything is about people and leverage and saying just the right thing. Lies.

My heart has always been and always will be in the arts and humanities. My heart is beating because of the arts and humanities. You don't understand how important this is to me. You don't understand, even though you didn't mind the past few years, why I study what I study. Why, if given the choice, I would always stay in this general field.

I am not doing any of this for myself. Sure, I'll thank you even more one day when I get a nice job after I graduate. I will always send money back, always visit you if I move away, and be the best daughter I can be, because I apparently suck at being everything else.

But let's be honest here. I could live off of simple foods and tiny spaces. I could do these things for a career that will let me fly without ever leaving the ground. I could do these things for a career that lets me live, because I feel like I'm suffocating and drowning and I'm kicking and screaming, begging for you to let me live.

The one and only reason I'm following through with whatever you say is because I can't argue, and because if I stick it out, I can provide for you. That I can do whatever I want on the side later.

So am I really doing this for myself? No. No, I'm not.

Am I wrong?


« »