1. I'm starting to partially understand and see why you did what you did, because I'm in your position now. And I hate that I can empathize. It's difficult and it's weird and it sucks for everyone else involved.
2. "Until we all get married."
Ummm...I've been thinking about this for quite a bit. Doesn't that just sound like someone who's running away? I don't understand what the huge issue is. I think that if we really wanted to, we could all feel comfortable with each other in the same room. You're assuming we
will all get married. What if we don't? You're using marriage as an anchor, a threshold you know we wouldn't dare cross the other way around. What if we never get married? Are we just never going to be okay with each other because we don't have the guarantee that nothing will happen, or that emotions won't run high? The most important question I have for you is...is that answer more for your benefit or actually for everyone's? Because honestly...feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...it just sounds like you're afraid. What are you afraid of?
3. I will never fall again. Because I can't afford to fall again. And I can't afford to shatter ever again. It's happened too many times, and the next time it happens, there is nothing I can do to pick up the pieces.
4. I have a love/hate relationship with stories that draw out the plot and emotions and characters. I hate them because they take forever to get to the squeal-worthy bits (everyone reading this, shut up. I have a reputation =p hahaha). But...but. I love them because they take so much more creativity and imagination to come up with a full backstory, more story arcs and character arcs, flaws, and just general (and specific) development. When it finally hits the parts you've been waiting for, the ones that warm your heart, irritate it, shatter it...it's totally worth the time put into reading it.
5. Banned from basketball and marching band and other sports for three weeks. Not happy.
6. I suck at being a best friend. How do I help one of the most important people in my life when she's going through something I have no idea how to deal with?