<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://draft.blogger.com/navbar/1863970661825280621?origin\x3dhttp://niiixreplay.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
profile


o1. The name is Moni
o2. finalfantasyx.tumblr.com / equidistant-parallax.tumblr.com
o3. Currently 21
o4. Loves God, band, basketball, singing, dancing, writing
o5. Hates stuff
o6. I ♥ NCSU PowerSound =)
o7. Link me!


Navigation
HOME
PORTFOLIO
AFFILATES
STARLITXDREAMS
DORKISTIC DESIGN

Previously

Credits


What Is Love? (Baby Don't Hurt Me)
DATE:Sunday, October 12, 2014 TIME:{11:02 AM} COMMENTS:
Comments: Post a Comment

No, just kidding.

So, it's been a rough several months, and rougher week with the banged-up knee and whatnot. Thankfully, Fall Break is here!

I wish I had more time to spend at home with my family, but I had work all day Thursday and Friday. Friday, after I got off my shift, I went to babysit for a family in Apex. Barely even had time to scarf down dinner!
I also wish I had more time to just kick back. I've been so tired and burnt out, it's ridiculous.

So yesterday was our own Band Day, and we had high schoolers come in and march with us for halftime (we literally just stood there in a block S). It was...weird. I mean, for a first band day, it was pretty eh with the rain and delay of game and all.

I kind of hoped that we would have more trumpets to chill with, but it was nice meeting them anyway. The whole point was to have the high school students see what it was like marching with a college group.

Let me emphasize this. The whole point was to have the high school students see what it was like marching with a college group. Not for someone who isn't even in high school, who just wanted to hang out with someone they knew in our band and spin a flag, to take advantage of this. I don't know what the hell they were thinking or what they said during registration to get in, but hey, if G let them in knowing they weren't in high school, then who am I to disagree? But if he didn't even know, then, well...

People lacking of integrity are among the saddest things ever to exist. They deserve pity most of all, I think. And a good deck to the face. Or several.

No point wasting my breath talking about this. It was the last thing I expected to hear from Praise, but then they walked right into the room and I almost blew up. Then I was reminded to not let them get to me, and they were the very least of my worries.

Did I mention the banged-up knee?

I have no idea what I did to it. Tuesday, when I jumped up, I locked my knee on accident coming back down and the knee slammed into itself. The top half slid over to the left, and it hasn't really been feeling better ever since. I stay on my feet at work, so that's whole days just spent standing and walking around in the store. Marching band...I was a little worried at first, but rehearsal and the first march around was fine. Then we did trumpet suicides, and because of the left to right movement, my knee shifted again and I couldn't do it. Couldn't really walk either. Emily and Holly supported me as we made our way to PNC as the band did Walk of Champions.

Then, G actually told me to go home. He said that was his suggestion, but I told him I'd be fine. Besides, it wasn't like it was a tough halftime or anything; we didn't even move. So he said yes, but banned me from trooping around and being in pregame. Let me tell you, watching from the sidelines was WEIRD. For the first time, I wasn't marching through the front gates of Carter-Finley Stadium with the rest of the Power Sound of the South, and I wasn't running out of the tunnel (I walked, okay) to march pregame with them. I was supposed to go sit in the stands and wait, but I waited by the sidelines so I could at least do slow fight with the rest of the trumpets (yessss!!)

It wasn't too bad until it started to rain and thunder came. Elora and I didn't bring our ponchos down to the field with us, but we had to head into the tunnel after, and then walk over to PNC. By this time, my knee was just...in pain. Peter and Justin and others offered me a piggy back ride, but I said no until Caleb pointed out that it was a long walk up a slope and through the rain all the way to the Arena, so I got onto his back. He also carried me to the buses after the game, and that was a long walk.

I felt super useless because I couldn't even walk right. Stubbornness made me a burden to everyone, but they took it and they loved me anyway. I couldn't do much to help out during clean up either, and felt terrible...I hated that I had to be taken care of at the expense of their energy, but it was nice to know they cared about me as well. I got home and my dad started lecturing me about it over and over again, so I got upset, and my mom got upset at him as well...

Sigh. Hopefully it isn't injured too badly. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.


« »