<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1863970661825280621?origin\x3dhttp://niiixreplay.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
profile


o1. The name is Moni
o2. finalfantasyx.tumblr.com / equidistant-parallax.tumblr.com
o3. Currently 21
o4. Loves God, band, basketball, singing, dancing, writing
o5. Hates stuff
o6. I ♥ NCSU PowerSound =)
o7. Link me!


Navigation
HOME
PORTFOLIO
AFFILATES
STARLITXDREAMS
DORKISTIC DESIGN

Previously

Credits


DATE:Friday, September 18, 2015 TIME:{12:36 AM} COMMENTS:
Comments: Post a Comment

I think my first memory of you was one of apprehensiveness. Soon, I remember it giving way to jealousy before I got to know past your name and the fact that you and Natalie went to Kindergarten together.

Who were you? A question I did not have the answer to.

You are the friend who became my twin. Everyone had a twin in middle and high school; the dynamic duo was no different.
You are the friend who grew with me. I think it was during that time that I began to grow, mentally and emotionally, and I think meeting you was definitely part of it. For the first time, I arrived at school knowing my friend was upset. I went to school, starting to understand that a wide smile and a basketball were not everything.
You are the friend who broke my heart. And this is not a guilt trip, because I know I've broken yours. For several months, I thought I had lost the friend I came to care about so much, who came to care about me so much. There was a long period of time where I would sit in quiet contemplation, wondering what exactly it was I did that drove you away.
You are the friend who came back. Despite the scars and struggles and pressure, you came back to be my friend. You came back to get to know the person with the crooked teeth and irritating and warming smile, against all odds and judgment.
You are the friend who saw me off. And Jo too, but you wrote me a letter that gave me strength and hope, again and again the first few months I moved back here. On that note (pun...slightly intended)-
You are the friend who wrote me letters. Each letter meant so much to me; over and over, they saved my life. It didn't matter what it was I was going through, or if I just needed a boost. Your words were the first time come to me when I was asked, "what are words that restore you?"
You are the friend who kept the faith. Not just in me, but in all of your friends, continually seeing the good in people after your suffering, after your pain. You do not lose hope for people, even when you are trampled and broken.
You are the friend who always looked up. "Life is meant to be lived out on the knees in a world as cruel as this," but you always look up to the One who restores, and your spirit will intervene on behalf of those who don't.

"That's my name, isn't it?
"That's how Yubaba controls you, by stealing your name. So hold on to that card."
"I can't believe I almost forgot my name. She almost took it from me."
"If you completely forget it, you'll never find your way home."

You and I talked about the importance of names once. Something is named because they need to be defined. Don't ever forget your name, because there is so much that is meant when just one word is said. Your name encompasses you.

There are storms that are raging against you, but you have only to utter a single name to help you through it all. Because the I AM hears, and he knows, and he loves, and he will fight for you. Say that one name, and then hold on to yours as you are swept, carried, off of your feet onto the next step of the road.

This letter is very much different from the years previous. It is nowhere as creative as last year's, nowhere near as metaphorical as some other ones, but one that hopefully lets you know a small portion of who you are, a reflection of the light that you share from within you. I can't imagine going through life without having you, my sister and my best friend, right next to me.

"but for now, 'we' are."

And that's enough.

Happy 22nd birthday :) I love you.


« »