A long journey, seven years overdue. My day began before dawn; I think that in all my travels, this is maybe the second or third time I've seen the sun come up instead of down while traveling. Like, you know, going on an airplane.
Likewise, I saw the sun rise for the first time on the plane back from Hong Kong to Toronto.
The past three weeks have been, well...hectic. It didn't really feel like a vacation, more like a checklist of things I had to do when I got back to Hong Kong, and I know that it was DEFINITELY that way for my parents since they needed to take care a lot of things they had going on in Hong Kong and transition a lot of things over to the States.
Trip to Japan was severely overhyped, and I think that with so many people, we managed to have fun, but it felt very rushed. I'm...glad to be done with that. More on that trip later.
Now, we're back on the East Coast, though we're staying in Toronto for a few days...I didn't really want to come since I was just here in November for Dawn's graduation, and Dawn's in Hong Kong, but it will be so great to see Rex, Ena, and Lenny again. Three more days to go, leaving on the 9th. I'm just ready to be home with my cat at this point.
At the end of my journey, I'm still struggling with the idea of home, with the fact that Hong Kong is clearly no longer home. I'm still struggling with the thoughts of goodbyes, with the knowledge that once I left, I wouldn't be returning for a very long time.