Three years...
Wow...has it really been three years?
It's been three years since you asked me out...and a year and four months since we broke up. Not that it's a big deal, I just looked at my calendar and noticed...
Y'know, looking back, I think I've come a long way. I flipped through some old emails and conversations a few hours ago when I was bawling my eyes out because of Gracie's blog. We had our strengths and our weaknesses. I found your flaws and I found mine. I found your strong points and...I guess mine? Less so =\
But thinking about it, what have I learned the past three years? A lot. I really have. It's been the happiest and most depressing time of my life. So much has happened and everything by God's grace. Without Him, I wouldn't be here, I wouldn't be alive today, in more than one way. I may not know everything that's going on in your life right now, but believe it or not, I still know you fairly well...you're easy to read. To me, you're practically transparent. I can see part of what's going on inside you (hahaha pun unintended), but I can't help you. Not unless you let me, and even before that, unless you let God.
The pain you put me through also crushed me until I was down on my knees in front of God, begging, pleading, crying...learning. It strengthened my faith as much as it broke my heart. I really hope that you find your way back to Him. I know you know what you have to do. You told me a couple of weeks ago and I was SO happy we could talk like that. SO happy to listen to you and to share. You know who you want to be and where you need to go. So pick yourself up and get there. Go find God, because He loves you and He's waiting for you. You know you always have a friend here if you ever feel lonely, if you ever need someone...I know I won't be the first person to come to mind, not even CLOSE. But I'm here for you. I mean it. You got this. I know you do =]