I'm super behind on my new year's post this year.
2014 was a...different year. Learning new things, reflecting, talking, laughing, crying, overworking and being so busy I didn't even notice the time fly by. One moment it was August, and then suddenly, December.
It was the latter half of my junior year of college...which was decent...and the former half of my senior year. Which was busy.
Literally, the only word that really comes to mind about 2014 was busy. It's actually kind of funny because that's
exactly what I typed last year in last year's new year's blog post too. Each year just seems to be busier than the last, always with more things to do, more to worry about.
What happened to my resolution to know God more? I think that it's been more difficult than ever. With being busy, I've been distracted. In my toughest times, it's harder to fall back on God, harder than it's been the past several years. Why is that? I need to get back on track, that's what it is. RCCC is starting a "Read the Bible in a Year" program this year, and I'm in it with my family. Hopefully I can be committed enough to stick through to it, and to be able to just rediscover what love is.
It's funny how this word keeps popping up every where since 2015 started. Committed. Commitment. Think it's this year's word.
Some scattered thoughts I've had so far-
1. It's my last semester in undergrad. I need to get back on track with grad school applications and stuff. Do all my readings and homework. Holy crap. It's going to be busy...four history courses, one English, one architecture, and PE and band. That's a ton of writing.
2. It's been about three months since I've been benched, and I'm looking at another month of recovery. I can straighten my knee out now, but it hurts to walk sometimes, and definitely hurts to run. I'm fat and out of shape and ridiculous. I can't sing properly, I can't lose weight, I can't play music properly. It's driving me nuts.
3. Graduate school...my parents say I have a choice in what I want to study, but at the end of the day, they've already decided it for me.
4. I've decided that a man who can sing is incredibly sexy. This is due to my logging in hours in listening to acapella.
5. 2015, please be a year to remember.