-raises hand and waves it frantically-
I have an album recommendation!!!!!!
Don't laugh at me for being super slow and behind. But. If you haven't done so already, go check out Jesse McCartney's
In Technicolor!
Yes, I know. "Jesse McCartney? Really?"
Okay, have a sit and let me explain u a thing.
I have loved Jesse McCartney since his first album came out in 2005 (I have three of his six studio albums, and have most of his songs downloaded). He is a phenomenal pop singer, none of the mess that is in the industry today. For a while, his music became a little drab because it went from super innocent and sweet and whatnot to increasingly sexualized content, which annoyed me a bit. Not to say that he didn't do a good job singing, because he did. It's just that they all
sounded the same. With the release of this album, however, I think he's really, really, really found his voice. He's always been amazing at the things that he does, but this album really puts it together. The genres in this album are significantly different from all the stuff that he's done in the past, and he took all of that in a single stride. The songs sound way different than their predecessors, which is good; it's fresh and puts his voice in a new light.
But oh, his
ballad. "The Other Guy" is my favorite song on this album, hands down. Sure, it's
another slow song that takes your heart and gives it an Indian burn, but Jesse delivers it perfectly. His skill, voice, tone, and presentation are all on point. I think it really showcases his talent, and I am so dang proud of him. You go, babe!