Meow. I AM SO HAPPY.
I printed off 'River Flows In You' for my Creative Writing teacher to critique, and I told her to listen to it while she read over it when she was done...she was like...
"Okay, Madi. A, I'm going to cry. B, that was beautiful."
I AM SO HAPPY =D I PRACTICALLY MADE MY TEACHER CRY. BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAA!!!!! =D
Anyway. I found out something veeeeery interesting today.
There's a guy who sits behind me in algebra- pretty nice guy, cool, fun to hang with. But. I found out something by talking to him today.
He has a heart condition, and he grew up in Detroit, most dangerous city in the USA. He grew up in the ghetto places- which means that he drinks and takes drugs.
He told me that he was going to a party tonight, even though his heart condition acted up in algebra today > < He told me that he was taking drugs and everything, how you should enjoy life because there was no meaning to it, no point.
As I listened to him, I began to feel depressed.
Not just that, but he told me things as well...how he takes hallucinations, which make no difference, because he sees things anyway. He said that he sees things that weren't there- when he was little, he used to see people who were supposedly dead, talking to him. He sees men with paper bags over their heads, holding a chainsaw. He said he could hear the chainsaw, could hear the man.
He said that whenever he dreamed, he would open his eyes and whatever was in his dream would be there for a whole minute before they disappeared. He told me that he hears voices inside of his head, telling him just how much of a failure he was, telling him how useless he was and how there was no point to life.
Thank God he didn't listen to them. But he hears them. I prayed for him, but I don't know how much good I can do if I can't really really really really really get in touch with God soon. I felt so small against something that I knew was real that was going on, when I faced what Satan had done in his life. And I just felt so depressed. Somehow, it scares me as well, to finally come to terms that it was so real. I know I shouldn't be scared. I have no reason to be scared. And just watch me; I'm no going to be.
He's going to the party tonight. > <> < Meow.
I need to learn more, to get more in touch with God, and to have more faith.
Hebrews 11:1-31
Labels: Creative Writing, God, River Flows In You