Thank you both.
All my life, God has blessed me with so many amazing people. My parents, my friends...friends that have really made a difference. Dawn, Elora, Kristine, Angela, GP, Praise and Grace, all my band friends...honestly, just...the more I think about it, the more I realize how important these people are in my life and how thankful I am for having them. I've gotten to know everyone in the trumpet section so much better this year, and I'm very grateful for that. Taylor, Josh, Alec, Jackson (and met Maddy through him), Michael Simon, Genna, Holly, Dan Miller. Michael Ellison, though he's not at State anymore. Sam and Cole, though we haven't talked as much this year =\
Today's post...is about Kristine and Elora. I've just spent so much more time with them this year and last year that I've gotten that much closer to them, and I am so thankful for that. I really don't know what I would do without them.
Kristine...mommy =] she's everyone's mommy. I've told this story so many times, but the first time I saw her was junior year of high school at a Green Hope Jazz Band concert. I practically freaked out; "OMG AN ASIAN GIRL WHO PLAYS TRUMPET AHHHH!!"
Haha =] she's so smart and beautiful and caring towards everyone. She's practical and gentle and sweet. And she's just so awesome to have around. AND she's my bus buddy! Haha =] and always ready with something funny from a youtube video to make everyone laugh. She's a great listener, and I mean...I don't know. Just...all throughout band and the time I spend around her, I've just always felt like she's taken care of me and everyone else because that's just part of her personality. It's pretty awesome =]
Elora...where do I even start? This girl is my best friend in every sense of those words. I'm so grateful that she agreed to room with me last year. We honestly didn't even really know each other that well beforehand, but she still said yes to a lunatic, haha. And that's just blessed me in so many ways. Rooming with someone allows you to get to know them
that much better, and it's strengthened our friendship that much. She listens to me when I need someone to rant to, and she trusts me enough to rant to me and to straight up tell me when she needs me. It's just amazing that I can do the same with her and I know she will be there for me. She will be there for me when I need a hug or a shoulder, and even when I don't say anything, she can tell. This one time last year, I was crying by myself in the room and when she walked in...didn't even say anything, just put down a peanut butter chocolate milkshake on my desk. Haha =] and the last time I really couldn't hold it in and cried...well, she just put an arm around me and played with my hair until I stopped crying. I am so thankful for her.
Every time the three of us take a picture, it just reminds me of how grateful I am for both of them. They are so important to me. People always say you meet your lifelong friends in college, and, well...I sincerely hope that this remains true for us. And moments like sitting together in sectionals and being together on the buses or today on the field before band...those are awesome, haha. We apparently can't sit together in sectionals because we get so distracted. On the buses, well, those times are always fun. And today...when one of us hurts, the other two feel hurt too and want to be strong for them. Dat hug though =] we made Elora cry (woops...) but we just wanted to show her how much we love her and wanted to be there for her and show her that we support her.
These two girls are my counterparts and I honestly have no idea what I would do without them.